Do you want to support and help your child learn English? Would you like your child to practice English on a regular basis and need guidance?
Here are 10 tips for practicing English with your family.
- Sing and listen to English songs. Your child will acquire new words and improve pronunciation.
- Encourage your child to watch movies or cartoons in English.
- Dedicate an English corner to the house, that is to say, a space dedicated to the English language. For example, display games, books, images of English culture.
- Read stories in English to your young children.
- Encourage your older children to read as much as possible for fun.
- Create a book or comic strip in English. Ask your child to draw the pictures and tell the story. You can then write the text if it prefers and read it all together.
- Be an example and talk to your child in English every day if possible.
- Use English around the theme of the kitchen, for instance, display the shopping list or make a family recipe.
- Do card games, board games or outdoor games in English. Your child will find it easier to learn English while playing.
- Create a greeting card in English. At the end of the year (or for birthday parties), have him make cards to wish his loved ones.
Now it’s up to you. Enjoy and good luck.