Agile Method: Always Convince

//Agile Method: Always Convince

Toyota’s total quality approach is based on continuous feedback, primarily industrial. This approach is also at the heart of so-called “agile” methods of computer development or organization, and it brings, again, real benefits according to a study by Freeform Dynamics on the order of CA Technologies.

The agile companies thus have a higher growth of turnover (57% above average) and profit (+ 43%). This study also shows that the agile spirit begins to be generalized in the company, at least according to the statements of the officials questioned.

Thus, 84% of respondents state that their company fully adopts agile methods, 79% continuous delivery and 71% the principles of DevOps. 91% implement these methods within their development teams (and the remaining 9% adopt the methods without applying them). Agility has the first effect of improving the customer experience (71% of respondents), secondly the acceleration of innovation (70%) and then reducing IT costs (69%).

Agility goes beyond the IT framework

Agility goes beyond computing. It is adopted in many other areas: 84% for product research and development, 81% for sales forces and 74% for customer support. But it supposes important modifications in the state of mind.

It is, therefore, better to encourage and reward improvement (84% of respondents) and increase support by managers (83%). For IT teams, this means more resources adapted to agile practices (79%), through training for a daily integration of the agile approach (77%) and reducing time constraints to facilitate the deployment of processes. Agile and DevOps (67%). But finding the skills remains a challenge.

The study “Prepare for Digital Transformation through Agile and DevOps Practices” was conducted by the Freeform Dynamics analyst firm on the order of CA Technologies. It is based on a survey of 1279 IT and business managers from companies in the following sectors: Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Retail, Telecoms, Transport & Logistics. The study covered 15 countries: United States, Brazil, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea.

Hits: 274

By |2018-05-14T11:20:17+00:00May 14th, 2018|Technology|0 Comments

Leave A Comment